Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Rust & Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hen View Post
Hey guys.
I have some question regarding maintenance of my board.

Back in April I bought a board from Blank Snowboards ( great brand, boards come in white or black, can customize them. They give tutorials. Go check them out, seriously awesome brand) and I have recently discovered rust. It doesn't seem like a lot but its nearly everywhere scattered on the metal edge side of my board. I read that the rust can go deep, and if its gone to deep then you would have to change the metal edge. So im asking here what I should do, I am getting my dad to buy me one of those snowboard edge sharpeners. And we have sandpaper. Can anyone tell me how to do it. Also I am living in Singapore, which are not the best conditions I bet but I mostly have my aircon on, or my aircon off but my board is in my room. Is this bad? Someone tell me please? I recently got a bag from Burton and am keeping my board in there but I would like any advice I can be given.

Thanks
Shen
Okay, lots of good advice in this thread, but let me make it simple for you. Singapore air is too saline, you know what I'm talking about.

1. Immediately after they are scrubbed clean of rust, just run a house candle against the edges such that the edge leaves a v shaped groove in the candle. This will get wax on the side as well as base metal.

2. Re-coat with candle wax once a month or so, to make sure the edges aren't exposed to the atmosphere.

Go have fun.
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote