Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What injuries have you had snowboarding?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Nothing major?
If you fracture your tail bone, your fucked for a year if your lucky.

I don't mean no boarding for a year, were talking daily shots of morphine & not a wink of sleep for a few months.
By the time you are able to walk, you can't. Your muscles are so weak & you weigh more just from being motionless. You almost have to learn to walk again.
You can't even blink your eyes without excruciating pain, everything is connected to your ass.

Imo, burning to death would be about the only thing that would hurt more.
It is the worst injury & you never become 100% after.

TT
Its not that bad, it's not like breaking your back or something. It's a useless bone at the end of your spinal cord. It just bruises and hurts. It hurts to sit in general for like 2 weeks then just hurts to sit back and relax in a chair and you cant really sleep on your back. I Just took advil every day and if it's a bad break they will give you a prescription pain killer at first. Recovery time is only 4-6 weeks but I kept too active and it took more like 3 months.
Breaking my hand in 3 places during high school football was worse because I actually splintered the bones. My hand was in a cast for 8 or 10 weeks for that

What to do for a Broken Tailbone

Last edited by henry06x; 08-30-2012 at 08:16 PM.
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote