Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice on an all mountain board
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance42 View Post
Haha, I started this post out with the Billy Goat as one of my options. The Highlife is an option, its just wider and my understanding that besides the popwalls vs pop rods they were very similar and with the Bezerker being narrower it might fit to my feet better.

As far as demos the last few times I was at baker, the seattle shops were limited on stuff around the 158-160 size for what I was wanting to try. Granted I usually take my trips around feb-march, so stock is usually lower then.
If you are again at Baker, hit it in Feb, race weekend and demo (merv, burton, ns, prior, soloman are usually there (and they are often the next years spects) or if not race weekend just do a performance rental and then you can change out and and demo whatever they have...they have a good selection of mer, ns (I think) but I don't think Ride. I'm about your target weight size and have size 7 peds...fuuuuk me. I'm always considering narrow ass boards cause I want a quick edge to edge...but also a softer flex helps...but at size 8.5 a 25cm plus alittle more but under 26cm should be fine.

I concour with keep on your current board, demo when you trip and if you still need/want a board get whatever you want, but might as well get something abit different than your sl. And if what you get is above your abilities...it will just kick your ass til you decide to get aggressive enough with it. I picked up a clearance billygoat split in a 159 but if it were for resort I go with the 156; but already have cambered fr bomber 158 that will still kick me in the asrse if not paying attention.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 08-31-2012 at 09:05 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote