Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Truck Snowboard Rack/Rail System. Anyone tried Inno?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Chance42
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Get a tailgate net and throw the boards in a rocket box. or just put in a couple of bars on top, mount a rocket box with a hard tonneau cover or just a hard tonneau cover or a canopy or a canopy or hard tonneau with a shelf and a slide out tray that fits boards and skis under it.

Wrapping your board in blankets....pretty much pansy spazzed...what do you think you are doing in line banging your board to get the snow off, ripping down the bunny hill at 50+mph running over skis and rocks...worse than sliding around in the bed.

Btw your tailgate up and an uncovered bed is your biggest drag.
Eh, uncovered bed yes. Tailgate up, no. Wind is a funny beast... most of the time at speed an air bubble is created in the pickup bed. When you let the tailgate down you effect this and there is no gain, and sometimes actually a loss in efficiency.

Honestly with the cost of racks and all, if you aren't going to build your own setup for your bed, you might as well get a cover of some sort. If I don't build one for my bed, I'll just get one of those retractable covers and use my soft bag (with the rhino liner it's not going to move).
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote