Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

All-Around Park Board

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Timberline 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good all around park board for a mix of jumps and jibs (biggest jumps probably ~35-40 ft, but mainly smaller than that). I probably want some sort of rocker or hybrid profile. I currently ride a K2 Believer 151 cm (flat camber) but it's starting to fall apart, and I think I want something a little more playful.

I'd really prefer to get a 2012 model to save some money if I can.

About Me:
-5'7 135 lbs
-Skill Level: Plan to work on 3's and maybe some inverts this season
-Usually ride at Breck or Keystone

Some boards on my radar are the 2012 Flow Verve 152 cm and 2012 Rome Reverb Rocker 151 cm. Tried finding a 2012 Arbor Westmark 150 cm but there aren't any online. Anyone ridden these, have comments on them, or have other suggestions?

Thanks.

#4 ·
The Verve is about $28 cheaper than the Reverb Rocker.

I looked at the Kink, but some reviews said it lacked pop.

I don't imagine I can go wrong, the one benefit of the Reverb Rocker is that it has the sintered base while the Verve has an extruded base. It's a hard choice, so if anyone had experience with both of these I'd appreciate input.

#5 · (Edited)
Ride Kink is a fun board. Ive had 3 and my current one I personally believe feels a tad stiffer than it use to be. Its not supper snappy but it doesn't have any added carbon or anything for that. There's videos of kids doing tricks and stuff off 30+ foot jumps on YouTube so I think it will handle what your looking for.

Edit: check out videos of Darrell Mathes he rides the kink in parks a lot.

#6 ·
I think I'm going to try to go with the Flow Verve.

The problem is ideally I'm probably around a 149 cm, while I can only find the 152 cm considering I'm ~135 lbs.

Does the size make much of a difference? I'm in the recommended ranges for both, just more in the middle for the 149. It's only 3 cm...

#8 ·
Try the Rossignol Jibsaw it has magnetraction (Rossignol co-owns Marvin). I rode one last season a bit and its super nice! It's got a lot of pop with the camber but the right parts for flexing for buttering is rocker. It's pretty much a quiver killer. I'm going to pick one up for this season just didnt have cash last season

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.