Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Texas style BBQ fucking sucks shit
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #94 (permalink)
herzogone
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I second what jdang307 said earlier. Texas BBQ to me is about brisket and sausage. I've eaten at all of the big three in Lockhart (Kreuz, Smitty's, and Black's) and can attest to their deserved legendary status. I won't pick a favorite, I like them all. I'll admit, brisket is probably my favorite form of BBQ, and one of the hardest to do right. That said, I do enjoy just about all styles of BBQ and grilling, from Memphis dry rub ribs, to Brazilian churrasco. I even like sauces from all over, but generally on the side (comes in handy for those occasional dryer bits that are inevitable).

I have a couple smokers and love to do my own, but I usually stick to the basics: ribs (babyback or St. Louis), pork shoulder, or whole brisket. I still haven't achieved the level of the Lockhart places with my brisket, but it's better than the vast majority of places where I live (of course Massachusetts isn't exactly BBQ mecca ).

But seriously, don't write off Texas BBQ until you make the trip to Lockhart.
herzogone is online now   Reply With Quote