Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do you like 686 snowboard pants?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Krug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
I want to buy a pair of 686 snowboard pants since I hear they're supposed to be some of the best out there. I found a really good deal on a pair of Smarty Original Cargo in size small and I'm basically wondering if they'll be big enough. The waist on the smalls are 30-32 and the inseam is 31. I'm 5'9 150 lbs and my normal jean size is 32x32. I'm mainly concerned about the length. Would a 31 inseam on snowboard pants be close to a 32 for jeans? The jeans drag on the floor when I wear them without shoes and I want the snowboard pants to do the same. I want them to have some wrinkle at the bottom when wearing my boots instead of barely reaching the bottom. I'd like maybe slightly baggy but pretty close to true fit. I also heard that 686 generally runs big. So, do you think small would be big enough for me or should I pass up on the $55 price tag to look for a pair of mediums?
686 smarty is a great pant and damn near indestructible. I've had the same pair for 3 or 4 years now. As others have said, they run on the big side.

Krug
Krug is offline   Reply With Quote