Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Full Face Helmet?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
VW_thing

Default Full Face Helmet?

I've done enough searching to know this is quite the heated topic... All I'd like is a few opinions on whether wearing a full face helmet for regular boarding is acceptable or just plain dumb.

My intent is to have a single good quality bucket that I can wear on both the freeride trails and the slopes. The helmet in question is certified for both mountain biking and snow sports (CPSC and CE). Visibility would be the same as any other helmet/goggle combination except for the chin guard. I am not one to worry much about appearance, let's just say that my boarding attire is "unconventional."

This question just seems a little out there, and I want to know if there are any major reasons to avoid it. It surprised me that only one company was making full face helmets specifically for the snow, and only racers used them. I'm not the guy running mach down double blacks all day dressed like a stormtrooper, but I would like to avoid any major brain damage past what I get from being an engineering student.

Thanks!
VW_thing is offline   Reply With Quote