Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Some secrets to learning snowboarding that I wish I knew when I was a beginner
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm4short View Post
I'm new to boarding. Went for my first time in Dec '11 and several times afterwards. I've never taken a class but, but instead learned from my novice and intermediate friends. This was my first and only leasson given.

This technique worked to slowly get me down the hill initially (wiith multiple falls of course). But, it wasn't until some random person on the lift gave me a the most valuable lesson about how you control your with your edges and not by leaning(as i thought because I've skate boarded before).

I soon found myself having ALOT more fun gaining higher speeds and betterturns and control. By the end of the day, me and my intermediate friend were racing down the mountain... While was laughing at my novice but more experienced friend because he was still riding toeside down the hill.

I was a natural ride with a desire to be agressive and take chances. My other firends weren't so, they never even risked pointing ther boards downhill.

I say all this to say, This tequnique was valuable. But from my experience, it seems its all up to a persons own desire and ability to progress and advance themselves.
Meh, personally sounds like you have more natural ability than what was learned. Kinda how it was for me since I love to bomb hills on longboards.
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote