Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Canada for 4 months in 2013. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
roboelmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetowastetime View Post
Thanks for the very helpful replies.

I'll be heading over by myself. Would love a riding buddy though, hopeful will just meet people over there.

As far as price goes, I've found

$1000 - Fernie season
$1150 - Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley and Nakiska
$1400 - Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley, Nakiska and Lake louise

Kind of leading towards the last one since I'm planning on being there for a few months. Maybe do one month at each? Or just a season at Fernie?

Probably should figure this out, but how long will the season at these places generally last until? Would booking flights to return at the end of april/first of may be a pretty safe bet?

Should have clarified "a few times". I've been for about a month all up in Australia, A month straight in New Zealand, also skateboarded for about 5+ years which kind of helped. Side note: just started freeboarding? Pretty interesting concept. Probably a massive noob still in canadian terms though Your probably right in saying most places will still kick my ass.

I've found a pretty cheap looking hostel in Fernie, but I'm not to sure about what's available at the others?
You should keep in mind, that the distance from Fernie to Lake Louise is a 4 1/2 hour drive apart. Fernie and Kimberly are pretty close by and Lake Louise and Nakiska are close by. If your staying closer to Fernie and Kimberly, Fernie would almost always be your go to mountain. If your staying close to banff. Lake Louise will alway be your go too mountain, Nakiska kind of sucks.

You might want to consider staying half the time in BC and then half your trip closer to banff/canmore. because if you plan on staying at one location for the entire 3 months. You will get sick of Fernie or Lake Louise pretty fast.
roboelmo is offline   Reply With Quote