Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #2056 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay29 View Post
what's wrong with Nike?
Probably nothing, talk to a lot of people who say they make great boots and they probably do, they've got 40 years of making shoes and a bankroll that's probably second to no one in the industry. Just personal. I think I swore them off back in like '97, of course that was for running shoes since the "air" technology, aside from looking "cool" is basically (completely totally utterly) bullshit. There's the whole sweatshop angle, but I don't put much stock in that for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that pretty much ALL manufacturers use foreign labor so it wouldn't be fair to single Nike out as an offendor when everyone else is doing it to some degree as well, and probably some other anti-establishment reasons that if I really examined them, would fall under the same scrutiny.

So, basically it goes back to high school when I swore them off for running shoes I've never had any desire to own another pair of Nikes for anything. And the way I see it now is there's a dozen other companies making good boots so odds are that at least one of those dozens or hundreds of other boots will be just as adequate for my needs.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2