Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

LTD Proto CT/NS Contest

26K views 118 replies 53 participants last post by  Richie67 
#1 · (Edited)
Never Summer’s Show Us Your Stoke Photo Contest!

This is a little sumthin sumthin for the fans. Never Summer wants to see your stoke and help keep it going. How? Simple…

1) Take a photo (or dig one up from past seasons) of your Never Summer setup with or without you in it. Any type of photo will do so bust that tindy or show off your color-coordinated setup.

2) Post that rad photo right here with a short reply on what it is you like about our patented Rocker/Camber design. Whether it is the amazing high-speed stability, incredible pop, superior powder floatation, buttery playfulness or overall versatility.

3) Sit back and relax until we choose a winner on 10/5/12

So what’s the reward? One lucky chosen fan will have their photo featured on the Never Summer website and… wait for it… WIN A BRAND SPANKING NEW 2013 Never Summer BC LTD Proto! That’s right; you’re going to be the first lucky fan to win one of these bad ass black CT’s.

The winner will be chosen by an in-house vote and will be notified right here on snowboardingforum.com. Remember, ANY type of photo will do. These do not need to be professional quality action shots so get crazy with your ideas. Make us laugh, cry, or vomit from sickness.

Never Summer BC LTD Boards(Proto CT/CTX, Heritage/HX and Infinity) available exclusively at http://www.bcsurf.com/products2.cfm/ID/289652/name/NeverSummerProtoCTLimitedEditionSnowboard2013/brand/never%20summer

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for participating Chef. What a clean set up. I concur with everything you love about your Heritage. I have the first generation of the Carbonium Heritage with the eagle clutching the flag. The board never ceases to amaze me. What bindings are you rockin?

#8 · (Edited)
Yup.. I really like how they pair with the Heritage. Can't wait to get back on the snow.

Thanks for participating Chef. What a clean set up. I concur with everything you love about your Heritage. I have the first generation of the Carbonium Heritage with the eagle clutching the flag. The board never ceases to amaze me. What bindings are you rockin?
I love eagle clutching the flag graphic. I wish you guys would do a white heritage with that graphic.

#7 · (Edited)
Well I really wanted to put a pic of my lil nephew in all my gear but u can barely see the board...my avatar pic is a pretty sick picture of a really tiny jump so Ill just use it!

I love how RC just provides the best of both worlds - the squirellyness of rocker is available between the feet and fun to teeter on in pow, but when you lay down a rail to engage that camber - hello serious carving and edgehold.

I just shredded the base and rails of this baby on all the exposed crap last year, but she's holding strong....

FWIW the black eagle/flag Heritage is the sickest board graphic ever. Every time I see it, it literally causes a visceral reaction, I have to shake my head, comment "badass"...etc - and its been a couple years now but still...pretty cool that they are all protected by carbonium so they still look brand new...

#10 ·
Thanks for contributing snowklinger. We need to get your nephew on a Evo mini. Would love to see the little guy, but your avatar pic is sick. Well said on the edge hold of RC.

Best of luck and we all hear you about last season. I can honestly say this year will be better. Can't be worse, but still always fun.

What 14ers did you scramble up this Summer?

#15 · (Edited)
I like the way ns r/c will make quick, tight, pivot turns when I need to in an easier manner than a traditional camber board will.

I don't have many pics on my proto... but here is one. fs3 shifty.

edit::: the picture is still from a edit i threw together this summer. its sloppy but oh well. BUT for vman-----my buddy was thinking about buying the demo 58 heritage that grand targhee was selling at the end of the season..... so I let him ride my 60 proto all day to see if he would like the camber design. He did, and he ended up buying the heritage. This video shows him on his very first run on the proto.

the first 35 seconds are snowmobiling if that sort of thing is boring to you. Perhaps it will all be boring to you, and thats ok with me.haha.

Attachments

#38 ·
I like the way ns r/c will make quick, tight, pivot turns when I need to in an easier manner than a traditional camber board will.
I don't have many pics on my proto... but here is one. fs3 shifty.

edit::: the picture is still from a edit i threw together this summer. its sloppy but oh well. BUT for vman-----my buddy was thinking about buying the demo 58 heritage that grand targhee was selling at the end of the season..... so I let him ride my 60 proto all day to see if he would like the camber design. He did, and he ended up buying the heritage. This video shows him on his very first run on the proto.

the first 35 seconds are snowmobiling if that sort of thing is boring to you.
Perhaps it will all be boring to you, and thats ok with me.haha.

Tight, quick turns are some of my favorite characteristics of RC as well.
The Vman likes the video and didn't find it boring. Open pow turns, who would? Wydahoe is a special place. What a first run, on any board.... I'm sure he loves his Heritage. Thanks for turning him onto our boards. Good idea submitting the video!

Riding the sled through the trees looks like a blast as well.
Thanks for contributing.

#16 ·
I hit a tree branch that was just poking out of the ground and almost impaled myself on it >< but hey, it makes a good photo!

Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Recreation Fun

this is my first neversummer board and i have to say it wont be my last. I love how stable it is (even though its classified as a park board) freeriding down the mountain. The ease of turning with the board is also important since i am a beginner going to intermediate.

other than the tech, the carbonium sheet is tops it :)

#39 ·
I hit a tree branch that was just poking out of the ground and almost impaled myself on it >< but hey, it makes a good photo!

View attachment 8223

this is my first neversummer board and i have to say it wont be my last. I love how stable it is (even though its classified as a park board) freeriding down the mountain. The ease of turning with the board is also important since i am a beginner going to intermediate.

other than the tech, the carbonium sheet is tops it :)
Holy #@!% Kino..... Anyplace to get impaled is bad but that looks like it could have been one of the worst. Great close call photo!

I agree it does make a great freeride board or I wouldn't be on it. I'm old (and old school as it gets) and love just bombing down the mountain on the CT. The design will really allow you to progress fast.

Thanks for the support and getting involved with the contest

#19 · (Edited)
Damn don't think I can enter technically. Just purchased my first NS for this year and won't get my first ride on it till I go to Vermont mid November :( . Got a 2012 SL for trips so I only need one board and am Super excited to finally try out a Never Summer!
I will happily put on my gear and go out back and do something for a pic if it allows me to enter tho lol!

#26 ·

Me on a nice natural hit in the Japanese slack country.

Never summers RC gives you the playfulness and float of rocker with the precision and control of camber.

I ride mostly powder and the quick easy edge to edge transitions just make things easier in the steep and deep tree lines.

I get more float on a 157 with a centered stance than I did on my old 161 cambered deck with a setback.

When carving you get it up on edge and the camber zones kick in.

It still carves extremely well even with the rocker between the feet.

I could use another proto for sure, but if I win any chance of getting another NS deck to compliment my proto?

Loving the black by the way, way nicer than the regular version:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

#46 ·
What a nice shot and that is some dream pow, dreampow! The trees and featherlight snow in Japan always look so amazing. Lucky....

Great descriptions. Love it when those camber zones kick in. Can't wait to lay down some carves. You carve, you carve, no slide.

I'm sure if you win we could arrange something. Sounds like a Summit or Raptor might compliment the freampow quiver.

Glad you like the black version.

Thanks for the support and good look with the contest.

#28 · (Edited)
I dig the Rocker/Camber design because it has given me the confidence to progress my riding without the fear of catching a nasty edge. I can (and have said ) say that I know for a fact that this board has saved my ass on many occasions when I know I should have bit it but somehow stayed upright. The board is forgiving as hell.

I can hear Angry Snowboarder telling me "Learn to ride, dumbass" and he's right and I'm working on it. My NS Legacy with RC design is helping to keep me stable and progressing.

(exhausted hiking with the board all afternoon, no lifts)

Side note; I'd love a Proto, I'd like to expand my free style and take advantage of that true twin.

#85 ·
Hey Sabatoa,

Thanks so much for your support and getting involved with my contest.

The RC gives me the same confidence, especially when riding at high speeds in those variable conditions. I love riding this big, open cruiser at Copper Mountain later in the afternoon. When you get that low light, ice and choppy patches. I can ride these conditions so fast it's almost scary, much faster than I could on a traditional cambered board. Because if it gets scetchy, I can get on the rocker and recover. Making it less likely to catch that edge, then re-engage the camber and get back on edge.

Keep progressing and having fun.

#29 ·
Man I dug this one up from when I first got the board 2 seasons back... when I still had long hair. Damn it I miss my long locks.

I had taken 9 years off (not a voluntary break), and between the RC tech and the playfulness of the SL I was able to get back at it without worrying too much about catching an edge. The SL was firm when I needed it and the vario grip was nice on some of the crappy snow days at Baker last year (Dumped 2 weeks straight before I got there... then nothing while I was there).

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
New toy, so obviously no action shots yet. So stoked to get out on this. I believe this is my 7th NS with R.C. tech, starting with the 08/09 SL-R, and I'm so sold. Each board has it's own personality, but also felt instantly familiar and comfortable. I've ridden a lot of other boards over the last few years, but I always come back to Never Summer because they're so dialed, and the boards just feel so "right". Nothing else comes close for me.

#32 ·
A little slopeside lunch from last spring:

What I like about my NS Proto is being able to ride park or bomb down groomers with the same ease. Really stable and grips like a champ.

GF couldn't believe how much easier it was to ride her Infinity compared to her previous V-Rocker board. Much more stable and easy to maneuver.

BTW, that black Proto is gorgeous!

#34 · (Edited)

The Premier has been the ultimate choice for me. Even though I ride mostly east coast ice and not big mountain powder lines I love the grip the RC gives me and the dampness is a godsend on those choppy days.
I always take at least one trip out west a year and when I do I try to ride all the powder I can. This photo was taken last season at Big Mountain/Whitefish, MT near hellroaring peak where I hiked for some turns.

#35 ·

What I like most about Never Summer is how easy things are to learn on it. I hope the pictures show the learning aspect (not many pics of me boarding since I ride alone alot) The one picture is before i land my first ever 360 and the other is me learning tail presses.

There isn't one type of riding or trick I have learned that hasnt come on a never summer. It is just so easy and worry free. I dont worry about washing out, catching edges, or damaging the board. I have never ridden a tougher board then an NS board.

RC is obviously the most versitile tech since every company has gone out of their way to make a version of it now. (well other then bataleon but thats a different stroy) While Never Summer hasnt felt the need to get tech other companies use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.