Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Big Foot Dude Needs Advice!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
jspicket

Default Big Foot Dude Needs Advice!

First post, Horray!
My name is Jon and I have huge feet. I wear a size 16 (RIDE Bigfoot Boot) and I'm finding my snowboard options are extremely limited. I have searched all over this forum before I posted, and did not find a suitable answer. So here it goes, will an extra centimeter really make any difference? Will I be forced to use elevator riser thingy's? (I've read that they are not recommended, but I really don't want my toes to catch, or be forced to severely adjust my stance).

Many boards are offered at 27 cm's width, but very few go beyond. I know the RIDE HighLife goes up to 27.2 cm's, the NITRO Magnum is offered up to 27.9 cm's, and the ELAN El Grande goes up to 28.4 cm's. It does not make it any easier that snowboard company's measure waist width at the narrowest point, instead of where your feet actually make contact with the board. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I spend the cash!

I almost forgot to mention that the snowboard size calculator at http://www.frostyrider.com/tips/size-guide.htm, recommends a board that is 27.2 cm's wide. Does this sounds right?

My stats: I'm 6'3", 215 lbs, and wear a size 16 (life isn't fair!)

Last edited by jspicket; 09-11-2012 at 05:32 AM.
jspicket is offline   Reply With Quote