Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What injuries have you had snowboarding?

20K views 74 replies 58 participants last post by  B(F)Dkid55 
#1 · (Edited)
I have only had a couple that relate to snowboarding. I broke 3 ribs 2 years ago, I could still ride through that pain. Last week broke right leg and tore 3 ligaments in my ankle requiring surgery, obviously I'm stuck on the couch not riding....
Guess I should add a couple of hairline fractured wrists, one for each side....

I've had many other injuries through life but that's it snowboarding......

#68 ·
Broke my collarbone about 5 years ago going off a jump that was way too big and I was going way too fast. Also didn't help I tried to do my first 360. Funny thing is I landed it, but then caught a massive hole in the ground and my nose dug right in to the snow and I landed on my front shoulder. Looking back at it now, it could have been alot worse. lol

#71 ·
Hmm, none in the park just mostly hard charging stuff.

Concussion after hitting a tree in tree run with a 1/2 inch scar on my cheek. Chicks dig scars right? :laugh:

No shoulder dislocations but AC seperations/tears in both shoulders from tackling the snow.

Dislocated elbow when my board hit a pothole in ice. Had it reduced at the base of the mountain at the clinic but it took 4 tries. :eek:

Some kind of abdominal tear trying to duck under a rope at speed then caught an edge...still bothers me, maybe a hernia from that incident.

I dislocated my ankle and had a fx fibula from mountain biking last july, titanium plate and 8 screws in my leg now. Hopefully I'll be able to rehab my ankle riding this year.

#73 ·
Anyone have tennis elbow for snowboarding? the season is over in Oz and I got this tennis elbow and I am pretty sure I get it from leaning down strappinng the Flow M11 after every lifts. I have to turn over toe side to strap on the bindings and constantly putting my left hand down pressing the snow. Been to the physio a few times and they told me to do so exercises and to message the tendons as there are less blood flowing around there, which make it recover slowly. It as been almost 3 months now and I am still sore whenever I grab a hold hard on something hard that is big like a handshake.

#74 ·
Fell during a landing on a jump last year. On the east coast so landed on that lovely snow/ice. Ended up injuring my hand/wrist, so I thought. Couldn't support any weight, couldn't even pick up my jacket with that hand. Got xrays that day that came back negative so was told its probably just a really bad bruise. That was a year ago and to this day, if I position my hand in a certain way and put pressure on it, it still causes a sharp pain. My thinking is maybe it was some type of hairline fracture that just never healed or something. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.