Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - fresh new rider from China
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
zak.guan

Talking fresh new rider from China

hi there, this is Zak from China, arrived in Vancouver yesterday, gonna settle down in Calgary this weekend, new immigrant, first time to be in Canada, but will stay in Canada for a very long time, I believe.

I hardly know nothing, nobody here about snowboarding except those famous resort like banff, whistler, and I really miss my snowboarding pals back in Shanghai. I want to be connected to Western Canada local riders, and hopefully can find some snowboarding partners.

I started snowboarding in 2007, tried skiing before that, but I sucked.. and I am now very comfortable with slopes, just so so with freestyle, can do some straight airs & grabs over small kickers, 5050 on box and that's all. I have passion in powder, off piste.

Still got a lot homework to do, I only brought my snowboard with me, and gonna buy new binders and boots, gotta figure out the price of banff, heard that they have 3 resorts?

and if you guys like group riding, I will be a happy follower.
zak.guan is offline   Reply With Quote