Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice in replacing my board
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Drez

Default Advice in replacing my board

Hey Guys

I think I'm overdue to replace my board and I'm trying to avoid what may be a history of opportunistic purchases and make a good decision here. My old set up was a Option Supercap 163 w/ k2 V7s and Burton Moto boots. I think I'm going to keep the boots as they were stiffer than my Silence Cruisers before that and I was happy enough with them. I think I overdid the "I need a long board" mentality last time and will tone it down to 160ish this time.

My style of riding is typically to ignore the park and bomb down the faster runs at the brink of what I can handle. I'll hit the odd jump if the opportunity arises but that's about it.

My thoughts (and correct me if they are wrong) were to replace this board with something lighter and stiffer based on that.

In characteristic fashion for myself I jumped the gun on what struck me as a good deal and I have an incoming Palmer Honeycomb 3 160 with Flow C-FR bindings but I might grab something else to compare with and make sure I made a good choice as I have a habit and keeping my boards for a while.

I'm somewhere between 5 11" and 6 0" and weight is 180lbs. Sz11 feet. I've been riding for close to 15 years but I don't bank that many runs a year.

Can you guys help? The Elan Vertigo is another that struck me as a possibility and there is one for sale locally at a good price or am I off base?
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote