Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #1706 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrik_c View Post
I'm actually thinking about moving to Calgary. I have a friend that's moving there at the end of October. I'm going to check it out in December and if I like it. I'm going to start looking for work there. I hear if you're single Calgary isn't the greatest place. Is that true? lol. I know I'll love the city and the snowboarding but I don't want to be single forever. Haha. I'll be snowboarding a lot this winter. Chicopee is 5 min's from my place. I know what you mean about conditioning. Lake Placid is the biggest mountain I've been to and the leg burn was intense. I just fought through it. I work out a lot and my conditioning is pretty good. I definitely want to be flying down those hills while I'm there though
My friends little brother is renting a room off me. He's 19 and has a constant stream of girls visiting him of plenty of fish. His buddy has the same "problem"... And I'm not a chick but I don't think either of them would be particularly good looking.

No idea what the actual male/female numbers are here but I do know one thing, it's a younger crowd, and a very outgoing crowd. Sometimes I wish I WAS single out here!!!

Lake Placid is as high as most of the mountains I ride on a regular basis, only difference is our elevation here is higher, so there's less oxygen to breath. Takes a little getting used to.

Have fun!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote