Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best Mountain in the Northeast?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Efilnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheoSamad View Post
Its stating to look like Whiteface to be honest. It is the closest to us (which I was willing to drive the 9 hours for Sugarloaf) so we would save the most money on renting the charter bus to get us there and back. I will probably be happy with anything bigger than my 800 feet of vert so it might not be the best but im sure we will have fun. Nothing is set in stone yet I'll keep updates.
Whiteface isn't too short of a drive either, and no resort complex. If you are looking at Whiteface, you might want to consider Gore mountain also. Gore is much closer and the conditions I find tend to be better. Not a park guy but their parks seem comparable.

Gore also has West mountain near it for those who are up for some night riding, and a pretty good park from what I hear.

Both are run by the ORDA, so state parks with no resort complexes.

Been to Sugarloaf a couple times and it's a great mountain, great resort complex and reasonable on the wallet minus the drive. Sunday River is much closer and a great place too. Other places to check out: Sugarbush, Stratton, Okemo, Killington (can be crowded though like the mountain I hate waiting on lift lines,) Jay for the trees and lots of snow, and if you want park stuff I would have to say Mount Snow.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote