Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best Mountain in the Northeast?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Efilnikufesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheoSamad View Post
I really would prefer we go to sugarloaf but I have been outvoted and the entire school wants to go to whiteface. If the upcoming winter is nice especially around the time of our trip I will go but if not I might just do a personal trip to Sugarloaf if I even travel at all this winter.
Whiteface should be a good trip, usually hit it up once a year or so myself. Glades there aren't bad, but it can be epic if you get a fresh dump. Big vertical, steep slopes, and if The Slides are open and you can handle them it's fantastic. Your classmates do know there is no resort on site though right?

If some are beginner skier/boarders, they might have a tough time. Slope ratings are relative to each mountain, and Whiteface does not cozy people with its slope ratings. Blues at Whiteface will be like blacks at most other east coast resorts.

Enjoy though, it can be a great mountain if you hit it with good conditions. Two years ago I went and it had gotten 2-3 feet a couple days before I got there, it was fantastic. Last year I went and it was a sheet of ice and someone died on one of the blues off Little Whiteface. I probably passed him by while he was in the woods taking my friend on a warmup run down the same slope.

Last edited by Efilnikufesin; 09-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote