Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to read forward lean angles on some bindings?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
ig88

Default How to read forward lean angles on some bindings?

Hello everybody.

I have been reading some threads here on forward leans of bindings in the forum. I have come across people mentioning that theirs are set at 8 degrees or at some other precise settings. I wonder if itís because my bindings (presumably Burton Mission EST as per the words on them) are not the most expensive ones out there, hence they donít give any indication (degrees) of how far backward or forward the backs are leaned. I guess the only way I could tell how mine are set is purely from some rough eyeballing.

In the picture, the white arrows point to the plus sign (add forward lean) and the minus sign (reduce forward lean), into which direction you would turn the black plastic lever (indicated by yellow arrow) to alter lean angle.

Any boarders out there with similar bindings could kindly tell me how they measure or quote their bindingsí lean angles when they talk about the issue with friends?

Many thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2162 arrowed.jpg (157.9 KB, 135 views)
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote