Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to read forward lean angles on some bindings?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
Hello everybody.

I have been reading some threads here on forward leans of bindings in the forum. I have come across people mentioning that theirs are set at 8 degrees or at some other precise settings. I wonder if itís because my bindings (presumably Burton Mission EST as per the words on them) are not the most expensive ones out there, hence they donít give any indication (degrees) of how far backward or forward the backs are leaned. I guess the only way I could tell how mine are set is purely from some rough eyeballing.

In the picture, the white arrows point to the plus sign (add forward lean) and the minus sign (reduce forward lean), into which direction you would turn the black plastic lever (indicated by yellow arrow) to alter lean angle.

Any boarders out there with similar bindings could kindly tell me how they measure or quote their bindingsí lean angles when they talk about the issue with friends?

Many thanks.
It isn't a matter of which way will alter it.
It turns both ways, the only way it won't turn both ways is, if it is at the farthest setting one way. Then it will only go the other direction.

The precise angle doesn't really mean shit. If it will only turn one way, it is probably @ the least amount of forward lean possible.
Just turn it, you will be able to see it change as you do it.

Having more forward lean will let you carve heel side much more powerfully.
It's a finicky thing though, it will feel weird @ first. You only need to do it a little bit @ a time.

@ first it makes you feel like you going to catch a toe side edge & eat shit, but that goes away really quick, like +or- an hour & then you will start to feel the benefits.

Then it's just a matter of dialing it in to exactly how you want it.

Hope that's a little more helpful.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote