Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Questions
Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
sheepstealer

Clare, I'm somewhat in agreement with the two posts above and would say that yes, contributing to the community is important before asking everyone to take a survey for you.

What/who is the survey for? Will we be able to see an end result? A bit of explanation and an introduction from yourself will most likely get you what you want.

Methinks the pricklyness you will be/have been receiving from this community is a result of the commercialization of the industry (which is fine but...). Everyone here loves to snowboard. Period.

Your survey, while simple, may look like a "Oh hey, all these people on snoboardingforum.com are snowboarders, I'll use them as a target audience for my brand/project/whatever." Bottom line, we feel a little used.

I'm by no means a veteran member of the community but I'd say introduce yourself, talk to some people, start discussions. There's a bunch of folks on here who know the industry inside and out who would be useful but no one knows who you are or your end-goals. Do you even snowboard?

Don't mean to sound ornery, just trying to help you out a bit...
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote