Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Good Wood for ME? Please help!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteofsnow View Post
2012 LibTech Burtner Box Scratcher no
2012 LibTech TRS C2 BTX maybe
2012/13 Never Summer Proto CT I guess
2012 Never Summer Evo eh
2012 GNU Park Pickle BTX no
2012 GNU Rider's Choice Pickle maybe
Personally I wouldn't pick any of those and I feel like the Proto, TRS, and Riders Choice are all on the cusp of being overpriced. I'd probably go with the TRS over the RC cause at least the TRS has basalt. The Gnu is just wood and glass. The basalt holds onto ride characteristics longer than the Gnu's layup will.

For the sale price of a TRS though you can almost get a new 2013 Flow Era which has the camber style you're looking for plus a rolled base under foot if you start to jib more, Sintered base, and carbon in the tips.

Not the same camber style, but I'd also point you at a Nitro Rook. Sintered, kevlar under foot, extra thick edges, profiled core, and a hybrid wood core.

Salomon Sabotage. New fangled camber tech that feels like rockered tips and camber all at the same time. Equalizer for edge hold. Its a killer board for an all mountain freestyle guy that's more focused on jumps than jibs.

2013 Yes Greats. The asym is alright, more work needs to be done to get theirs perfect. Despite that this board was money. Great off jumps, enough play to jib, and killer on the rest of the mountain.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote