Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canada - is it really all that?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Perpetual3am
Veteran Member

It depends where you plan to live Paolo, especially if temperature is a deciding factor. Anything in Ontario, Quebec region and you're looking at summers in the thirties and winters in the -15 to -20s, with a few weeks of down to -40. Factor in black fly season if you're an outdoors person, makes April and May pretty uncomfortable. But I would guess that you'll be moving out West, the temps out there are much more moderate, although the rain in Van sucks ass in the winter, but might be similar to England.

That's the negatives from my perspective, I love the seasonal change, whether it be the leaves changing or just the abrupt switch from a long cold winter to a really hot summer. I'm all about the outdoors with lots of summer and winter activities, so if you're into that you'll find plenty to do. Since you're into hockey you'll find about a billion leagues to join, whatever your skill level. Of course you'll find the skill level different as it is our bread and butter, even people who don't play organized hockey probably spent their youths on the outdoor rinks so I'm sure that will be to your liking. And we have forests the size of France, with thousands of lakes so cottage country is everywhere, which is a lifestyle in itself.

Then there is the beer factor, enough said. It really depends where you decide to live, as the provinces differ quite a bit just as the States do. I've spent the majority of my life living in the eastern provinces so that's what I know best, quite different when you head out west.

Also, we pollute like mofos! And that's a good synopsis Bones.

Last edited by Perpetual3am; 05-20-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Perpetual3am is offline   Reply With Quote