Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to read forward lean angles on some bindings?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
1.) When someone says their lean angles are say, precisely 8 degrees, did they get the reading from some sophisticated markings which could be present on their bindings and not on mine?
This person is a nerd who should be ignored - nobody runs around talking about their highback binding angles. Are they throwing corks and then talking about this 8 degree highback, thus convincing you that you are missing something? Follow the 'Tard's advice and do them comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
2.) Since I never paid attention to lean angles in my last season, hence I declare I have never fiddled with them. But obviously next season round, most probably I will, but in small steps. And obviously, as I stated above, at the extremes of either most forward lean and least forward lean, even simple eyeballing could tell the gross difference. But what about, the in-betweens, does a single full rotation of the lever, going either direction from the default setting (when I got them from the shop), is going to make a very noticeable difference to the feel, board aggressiveness during carving, heelside edge hold and whatnot? Has anybody played around with just a single rotation of the lever and noticed any significant difference? Just my curiosity.
You are overthinking this. Most highbacks have a little notched deal with like 4-8 different notches you can set your lean at. On some of these they might be marked with degrees - who the fuck cares. In the case of your Burtons with the little dial, the dial is simply a more organic function of the exact same thing. Still do what Timmy said.

Don't make us come wipe for you