Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camp Seven Women's Board
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher_chik View Post
Hello! I was looking at purchasing a camp seven featherlite 2013 womens board but have not been able to find anything about it online. I would appreciate any reviews or suggestions!
Hey, welcome to the forum! I did a lot of my learning at Mt St Louis and Blue back in the day. Actually my first turns on a snowboard with metal edges was at snow valley! lol

Anyway, I hate to sounds negative but I've never heard of Camp Seven. And searching around the internets doesn't turn up much. I bought a no-name board for my first board and it the binding inserts pulled out on a trial run in my backyard! That was when I was 11. I'm 31 now and have had name brand boards ever since with no troubles. I'd be tempted to search for a more name brand board. I'm in Calgary now but used to buy my stuff from Corbetts in Oakville, and they have a discount store for last years stock called asogear. Here's the link to their stuff... Asogear eBay link

My Girlfriend started on a K2 Luna and she loves it.

Also, do yourself a favour and be VERY picky about boots. I wear mostly size 8.5-9.0 shoes, so needless to say I bought 9.0 boots several times. It wasn't until I found myself in a nice, stiff, size 7.5 mens boot that I really felt what I'd been missing all those years. Make sure the person that helps you pick out the boots is good at helping you check the amount of heel lift (you'll always get some) and the rest of the fit. It's crucial to have good fitting boots. I could probably go all day without lacing my boots up they fit so well. They almost felt like skates at first but they break in pretty quick and then should fit like a glove. I'd get cheaper, good fitting boots before I'd buy expensive boots that don't fit.

Have fun!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote