Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

The ratchets on my Malavitas are butter smooth. I experimented mixing and matching buckles and ladders and I have concluded it's because of the sharpness (or lack thereof) on the teeth. This makes them release and ratchet smooth. Keep in mind that all the actual ratchets wheels are aluminum and that is the part of the ratchet in contact with the ladder teeth. The ladders basically mold injected high density nylon. So the ratchet wheel and ladder wear is going to be the same across all their bindings. I believe the mix of plastic on some of the ratchets is just to reduce weight. They are tough, they will survive plenty of L-XL sized biffs in the terrain park. Personal testing proved this.

I'd say go with the Cartel or Malatvita ratchet/ladders. Beware, I found the Burtons to be a little worse than Flux and K2 at ratcheting up tight and staying there when wet snow got packed in the ladder teeth and ratchets.

Happy shredding.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote