Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to read forward lean angles on some bindings?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
Hi there timmytard. Very nice indeed to know you are concerned about my problems.

No I have not really touched them yet (at home). To reiterate, I think I understand how the lever/ dial works and how they increase or reduce forward lean. I think I am going to play with them and see how much of a difference they make to my heelside edge hold. I admit I had some problems trying to get a decent heelside edge hold on some icy steep slopes in Korea at the end of March this year. Korea is notorious for lack of powder and towards late March the icy snow was even defrosting and you would actually see water on the slopes.

If by what you mean rotating the high backs mean increasing the forward lean, well, I have not done a thing yet. I will do so on the slopes, hopefully as early as December.

Meanwhile I just want to have a better understanding of how forward lean could affect rides before doing the practicals on the real slopes. I just hope I will be able to learn some physics here and then I will see if those physics put to good use would improve my problems on heelside edge hold on some steep icy slopes. Cheers timmytard.
This is what he means by rotating the highbacks:

When they are up, the highbacks themselves should run parallel with the board edge. Almost all highbacks can be rotated to some degree.