Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice for getting hired at a shop
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Default Advice for getting hired at a shop

I might have a chance at working at a local outdoors/ski&board shop, with the help of a very good reference. I am going to meet the owner of the shop within the near future and am looking for some tips and advice on what to do, things to learn, and things to say to give me a better chance of him considering me for the position (which would be part time help, I am willing and eager to do anything). I have retail experience, but not any real sales or commission experience. I do however have plenty of experience with strict customer service an proper treatment of the customer, and the value of a good name and word of mouth. Ideally this is the industry I would like to start a career in out of school, and getting started in the industry is the main reason I am highly motivated to get this job. I am doing it for the knowledge, experience, and networking that will happen from working in the sales sector of the industry. I'm not expecting to make good pay either, I would work for basically minimum wage if I got 25 hours a week. My living expenses at the moment are fairly low.

SO, advice from the experts (you know who you are) would be greatly appreciated on things to know and say and general tips for when I go to meet the owner.

THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote