Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Back leg pain/ Binding angles
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Last winter I noticed that my back foot( I'm a regular) felt like I was always on my toes.
ur perhaps riding tippytoes instead of sinking in the knees

Even going straight on a flat run I fill like my board is always in danger of catching an edge.
if it feels squirrly you are in the back seat or tail...shift your hips forward/sideways toward the nose...just a bit...to weight the nose; the issue is that with more weight on the tail...it wants to swing around and go first down the hill....thus the squirrly feeling

I get the most pain in my rear calf especially when traversing a run trying to link into another run.
since ur probably ridding tippy toes and ruddering with the back foot...btw are you talking about traversing toeside?

i know some muscle fatigue is normal since I only ride a week out of the year. I also read something about front foot steering.
get in the front seat as noted above and steer with your front knee...toeside point the leading knee to the center of the turn and heelside swing it forward to the nose

I am self taught and I def. am a rear foot/ rudder steerer
dude don't be a ARRR-Tard like myself and take some lessons from a hot boarder chick...