Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any special board setups for these tricks?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
blunted_nose
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig88 View Post
BurtonAvenger. Thanks.

blunted_nose many thanks. Oh I have watched your recommended video ages ago. It's actually one of the videos I have bookmarked in my pc haha. He is so fluid isn't he? So I will take it that technique is all that's required, and there is no special board setup that would help. Cheers blunted_nose.
Even though some may recomend a softer, rockered board, the guy in the video does it with a burton custom x. Very stiff board not meant to butter around. This kind of boarding you can practice at home, in your basment. All you need is carpet, then just put on the snowboard and start pressing your nose and tail. You can try to spin 180 degrees and land on your nose or tail, combos from there on. It can be a fun thingy to do when on a flat track just cruizing with friends, some make art out of it.

i always found interesting at how many japanese riders you see doing this, when they have arguablly the best snow conditions. I would be rather rding a shallow tail pow stick in a foot of pow, but thats me.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote