Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mountain biking knee guards for snowboarding?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Im a dad learning park and getting better. I'm starting to ride rails a bit more. I was using knee pads when I was trying to learn spins. I will be wearing/getting a spine protector this season too. I ride in WI and our hills are hard packed and icy mostly ma made stuff that is HEAVILY riden.
I need to support the family and make the mortgage. A little more protection until I'm comfortable with the new trick or every time I ride. It's a small price to pay to have fun and still be able to meet my family obligations.

As most attitudes of snowboards seem to be F'in do, wear, be who you are. Ignore the people with the mind set of "God-fucking-damn, just stay home" gear up and go have fun. Most people don't even know I'm wearing impact shorts and I don't care if they do. It doesn't hurt as much when I crash, I'm learning new park tricks safely and having a blast riding with my teenage sons.

McBee makes a low profile knee pad for football that is pretty comfortable

Last edited by slyder; 09-18-2012 at 06:26 AM.
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote