Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #102 (permalink)
babyyak3002

so... last night, my gf let me open my birthday present early. 2013 Flow NX2-SE's. I mounted them on my 2010 Libtech Skate Bananna, threw on my new 2013 Flow boots, and did some bouncing around.

The bindings deffinately take a while to set up just right, and probably will still need more adjustment once i hit the snow, but i truly believe that once i get them dailed in perfectly, it will be as flow says "set it and forget it." you definately can ride these bindings pretty tight, so tight that it will make your foot start to fall asleep, as i had mine adjusted at first. after loosening them up, the pressure felt really evenly distributed. I havn't rode a flow traditional strap in YEARS, but this fusion strap definately felt a lot better than my 2 strap binding once i was all strapped in. the toe cap as you guys were curious about, doesn't go up over your toe, but more so around the front of your boot, and locks your toe into your heel when you strap up the hiback. It's deffinately a different feeling than a traditional toe cap for me, but i personally think it's a better one. I'm coming from a Union binding with a toe cap that goes more so over the top of my boot. I had my toe cap adjusted too tight at first and my heel kept binding on the hiback when i was trying to lift it up into the locked position. I'm sure this differs from boot to boot, but once i got the toe cap and fusion strap adjusted just right, the in and out with NASTY really was very easy and simple. the pressure distribution felt very nice, the toe strap makes you feel really locked in. if you want to, after locking in, you can even tighten the toe cap a click or two for an even more locked in feel, however if you do this you may have to loosten it a couple clicks to get your foot back in the next time, because of the hiback hitting your heel as i mentioned. overall i'm really excited to ride this binding, my old binding and boot setup really started to hurt my feet in certain spots after a long day on the slopes, and i'm hoping this will solve that. also hoping to solve my Wett Butt from strapping in. I'm ready for some POW POW, I can't wait

Last edited by babyyak3002; 09-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.
babyyak3002 is offline   Reply With Quote