Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Carving.

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Frozen 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im a freestyle/freeride kind of guy, but i always wanted a race board. Since i know next to nothing about them, what would be a good kind of vintage, fun carver? Can i use softboots? Looking for something funky, cool graphics but nothing that will break the bank, so put those professional alpine carver aside.

#9 ·
Honestly, you need to learn how to carve, make solid turns, control your speed and raise your general level of riding before worrying about a race/alpine board. I'm speaking from the "snowboarding" you demonstrated in your youtube vids.

Otherwise you should throw your name on to the Kessler Ride group buy page.

#10 ·
Yup, that's what you want.

He's not a ******, he's just hard boot curious.:laugh:
Check out Bomber Carving Community
It's a alpine carving forum.
I slalom longboard with a guy on there, he's one of the most knowledgeable guys on the planet on that topic. He's also a ski & snowboard instructor, & wins the Chinese downhill every year in both events.

I've never tried it either, but I'm gonna this year.

I have yet to be able to make through the whole slalom course. About 3/4 of the way down I"m just going to fast. One day, soon hopefully.

TT

#14 ·
#13 ·
Hey.

You're acting like i did couple of years ago =). Really.
So... the main board is bobmer online.

Check out videos here. I'm proud this was done by russian carvers =)

Then: Don't try to get this lay-downs on a softboot board.
Grab alpine snowboard. You can get this for $300-400 in nice conditions. I got mine in Kazachstan (that's waaaay far from any markets) for $400. It was Prior 4wd 179, regular cost $800.
Grab boots: You can buy new one for.. $500 =) or used for $100-200. I got mine 325s from UK for $80. They're in nice conditions and with liners from deeluxe 700.
And pair of nice binders. You can try to get a bomber td2 or f2 race ti for cheap. I wasn't adviced to but anything lower, as i'm quite huge guy =)))
Lower end binders go for $50. The one i named cost $150-200.

And.... That's really amazing. In my 1st day i can make a carved turns, no drift at all. pencil-wide path from me.
After 5-6 days i can go where i want to go and my board poped my ass from a frontside to backside.

After i tried to go same on my never summer legacy i noticed that i fall waaay earlier in a turn. This actualy ended in a custom and very wide Donek board.

so, forget about carving in a softies, grab a alpine board and check this out.
ps. those guys on video own a nice bunch of Kesslers and SG with plates, so they can even carve a plastic packet or wooden door :laugh:

pps. drop me a message if you got any questions =)

#17 ·
I got exactly opposite opinion.
I've tried carving on my 174 never summer board and i cannot make a nice carve, no doubt. But i cannot get down much, board cannot hold the edge. Once i get down to some angle i lose all the grip.

But one i got special board i can easily got waaay down and get a better carves. More energy and more fun. It ain't that versalite, but it's a huge inprvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.