Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camp Seven Women's Board
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Optikal_Illuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Blue's 5x7 pass is a pretty good deal, I had it for about 5 years in a row. $175 or so and you get a full pass except weekend days. If you can get any kind of modified work schedule then it works great, head up on a Monday-Tuesday and board all over an empty hill.

Bought my season pass for this year back in June. The early bird rate was $1300... Seems steep but that includes some of the best resorts in the rockies. Fernie, Lake Louise, and Kicking Horse. lol

Now it's time to start praying to the snow gods (oh yeah it's already snowed on top of some of the mountains out here, there's a reason I jumped at the chance to move from Ontario!)
Since I am most likely going to be working 9 to 5 through the winter if it's like last years winter, there won't be much boarding going on. I'll go nights probably 4 or 5 nights a week, unless ofcourse theres lots of snow as per usual

Sounds like that's money well spent if you can afford the time to travel... my co worker keeps telling me to go to Fernie, says it's like nothing in Ontario...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
Kinda didn't work...
I got laid off from my summer job on Oct 1st. Saved $3000. Bought a Vail resorts pass (8 mountains) got in my car drove to CO from NH. Couch surfed from Nov-April. Got hired on the Winter Dew Tour working 3 major national snowboard competitions. Worked 6 weeks all winter with my snowboard by my side. So yeah it wasn't the typical 9-5 way of living and I snowboarded in Argentina in August /sept because of an airline credit I had to use by default... that kinda helped also
Win...
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote