Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Critique on snowboard drop in plans
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Those wood gussets look nice but they don't do shit for stabilizing the joints. Having all the vertical supports be butt joints is down right scary. You need to add "sandwich" boards at each joint and some diagonal supports. The ramp also needs support in the middle and they should have been built as boxes. By that I mean the slats should have been between the main boards and perpendicular to the ramp surface.

Just so you know I'm not talking out of my ass this is the ramp my friend and I build in his back yard. It's 6ft tall. http://home.earthlink.net/~zymurgyjwt/snowboard-ramp.jpg
This.

I mentioned it to him in my earlier post, but he apparently didn't want to spent the extra $15
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote