Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Forward Stance ...
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
A sort of shifting movement left and right will act much like the "hump and dump" movement with a duck stance to utilize board tilt.
Just going through old threads as I try to buy one of these boards... I've never heard it described as "hump and dump" snowolf but that's exactly how I ride when charging hard! Either my body is extended out one my toe edge, or it looks like I'm taking a dump on my heel edge. Basically my upper body is always at a 45 degree angle forward towards the snow, and my lower half does a series of crunches and back extensions while I go down the hill!

Back to the original question, I imagine it feels right screwy going to a very forward stance after riding duck. I do a little slalom water skiing from time to time and it's a completely different motion from wakeboading. Seems like AAA's "just set the edge and let the board do the work" philosophy jives with what I remember from slalom skiing. I'm guessing it's easier to have more forward-rear weight control with a forward stance?

I switched to duck years ago and don't see myself going back. Although I ride a more narrow duck at around -9/+9...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote