Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing a board: NS SL, Lib tech TRS/Attack Banana
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cormier

Default Choosing a board: NS SL, Lib tech TRS/Attack Banana

Hey guys -- another board choosing thread! Thanks in advance for the help, I've read tons of threads on here but am looking foreword to opinions for me specifically

I'm 6', around 150lbs (real lanky f'er). Size 11 boots. Been riding for 3 seasons now, had some big mountain time at Revi in BC which really helped improve my freeride ability. I consider myself intermediate.

I'm trying to narrow my focus in terms of what stuff I wanna be hitting-- I love the groomers and natural features, light glades and last year I started dabbling in the park. That said, I don't really want to live in the park or anything, but a board that can still hit a few boxes would be ideal, not the priority though.

We gets tons of ice here regularly, so that is definitely a factor. Pow ability doesnt have to be great, if I do another big mountain trip I'll most likely rent a powder board -- and this season i think the biggest I may see is tremblant or vermont.

I'm currently on a K2 anagram 159W with Burton Cartel Re:Flex bindings and Burton Ion boots (I know, I know, the ions are super comfy and the cartels were half price)

I always thought the anagram was a big big and unwieldy for me and I always wanted something smaller/regular width. It was a good board to learn on, but I want something that can take my ability further.

The main boards that I have been looking at:

1. Libtech TRS. I a sucker for libtech stuff, love it. I've heard the TRS magne-traction is good on the ice. What else to say? Nothing but good things about this board. Heard about the TNT base, not too worried I'm sure it's fine.

2. Libtech Attack Banana. Little confused about this one, I've heard mixed things about its flex and ability compared to the TRS. Libtech says its more freestyle than the TRS with less magne-traction, but I've also heard its stiffer and more of a bomber? Unsure on the specifics but it looks like an awesome ride. I also checked out the Banana Magic, it has gotten rave reviews as well but I'm sure not 100% on the breakdown between the three boards

3. Never summer SL. After looking through this site I came across the NS boards. I'll be honest I prefer the libtech graphics if it comes down to that. I'm also not sure of the availability of this board at the ski/snowboard show I plan to buy at in early Oct. I looked at the heritage, but think that may be a bit much and don't know about the icy performance of either really. Also, with size 11 boots would I be able to be o the SL or would I have to step into a Legacy?

I appreciate any opinions anyone has to offer! Also open to other suggestions! I looked at the Arbor selection including the element and coda, and some of the GNU and Rome products. Nothing is off the table as of yet!

Last edited by Cormier; 09-19-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote