Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice for getting hired at a shop
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Thanks for all for all or the great replies!

Im pretty much hearing what I generally assumed were the key points. I will certainly review and learn the products they carry. I want this job to get as much experience as possible, so i would be the exact opposite of the generic shop douche kid.

I work retail now and certainly understand the value and levels of importance of customer service, and how word of mouth is the most important advertising, and that to the web is the brick and mortar shop's biggest enemy. I certainly am able to show passion for the job and the industry, so I have that covered. I would consider myself good at interviews, and am very confident.

I have the enthusiasm aspect covered, interview/confidence covered, customer service covered, and have some knowledge covered.

The one question I still have is what to say/ways to highlight skills to show my ability to make the guy money, which is of course an important thing to a shop owner, hiring an employee that can actually make him money. How do I give him cofidence in my ability to make him money other than my natural out going friendly nature and good people skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants

Last edited by IdahoFreshies; 09-20-2012 at 09:59 AM.
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote