Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Need advice - binding upgrade for freerider.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TLN 
#1 ·
So I've been riding for about 3 years now and last year I bought the NS Lotus which I am completely in love with. It's smooth and charges the mountain perfectly. I am pretty much freeride. I don't go in the park, I just like to charge the mountain with control. I am trying to get into backcountry but it's unlikely until I graduate uni and move myself to BC for the rest of my life.
Getting back on track here, as I said I have a NS Lotus 149' and 2007 Flow Prima bindings. I'm looking to switch it up cause I want a pair of really good bindings that are going to last me and do what I want. I have never had an issue with my Flows so naturally I'm leaning a little toward the 2013 Prima's. Mainly I'm just looking for suggestions on great, responsive freeride bindings. I use 7.5 boots.
Since I got my Flows when I was a beginner and haven't looked into bindings at all since then I really don't know much about which brand provides nice responsive bindings. I will take all suggestions into account! Heres what I have so far:
Flow Prima
Rome Strut

#2 ·
I use Ride CAD. This is one of most stiff binders on the market.
Here's the list of another one:
Nidecker act carbon (pro 900)
Ride Spi (highback aint that stiff as CAD)
Burton C60.
Catek FR2 (deserves to check out, but don't buy this - they'd kill your lotus).
may be something else, i don't know.

I'm personaly very happy with canting base on my CADs(i got two pairs btw). this was on NRC also. This is the greatest thing about the bindings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.