Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing a board: NS SL, Lib tech TRS/Attack Banana
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zombaco
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

These were some of the boards I looked at last year. I like to bomb & cruise groomers, hit natural and park jumps, charge off piste in the chunder, dodge trees and ride in powder. I've been riding an 07 gnu cambered board.

I demoed the Attack Banana (in a 156) and the SL (in a 158) for a day each last season. I like both of the boards a lot, but I give the slight edge to the Attack Banana. I give the slight nod to the AB because it's lighter, stiffer, has more pop, better high speed stability and initiates turns better than the SL, at least for me and my riding style. And not that the SL was any slouch, it destroyed the chopped up off piste garbage like it was nothing, and had very good turn initiation, and pop as well, I just thought the AB was better. Both performed well in the trees and had excellent edge hold. No powder on those two days I demoed, so I can't speak about their performance in the poo. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these boards. The ease of turning with both of these has me sold on the hybrid rocker / camber designs.

Because of unforseen circumstances, I wasn't able to pick up the AB I was sold on last year. So this season I've opened up my search to include the TRS, Gnu Billy Goat, Smokin Superpark, Yes Pick Your Line, NS Cobra, and more. As I also plan to start riding in the backcountry too. Since Lib rates the AB a half tick stiffer than the TRS, it may be similar to the differences I felt between the AB and the SL. The TRS may be more grippy as it's magnetraction is significantly more aggressive than the AB. As for the rest of those boards I've mentioned, I've heard good things about them, but I have no first had knowledge.

Hope that helps ya. Good luck in your search, and if you can demo- Do it!
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote