Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
P-Ride

Default I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next?

Hey

I got an Endeavor Color board a little while back (with Ltd. Edition Addict camo, not that silly cartoon graphic!) which is 159cm reverse camber, which I paired with Union Force 2011/12 bindings.

I've been hitting our local indoor snow park in preparation for the coming season (first trip of three booked already!), with an emphasis on jumps, 180s etc.

My conclusion so far, is that this setup is a fun ride, but struggles to 'bite' on ice (probably due to the RC) and it's a little on the large side for quick 180s. I think due to the size and shape it should ride real nice in powder though.

Hence, I'm now buying a regular camber board (found a great deal on an Endeavor Live 153 camber) for jumps, spins and general on-piste use. I've also been advised to go smaller (I am 5'9" and weigh 200lb/84kg) for maneuverability.

So I need to buy a second set of bindings. Do I get a softer pair for powder (the Contact Pro) or a stiffer, more responsive pair for on-pister (the SL)?

Option One:
159cm RC Endeavor Color with Union Force bindings for powder
153cm Reg Camber Endeavor Live with Union SL bindings for on-piste, jumps and spins

Option Two:
159cm RC Endeavor Color with Union Contact Pro bindings for powder
153cm Reg Camber Endeavor Live with Union Force bindings for on-piste, jumps and spins

Thanks
P-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote