Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
P-Ride

Thanks guys. Actually my intuitive response would be to put the Force bindings on the 153 regular camber.. Perhaps I over-thought this initially. So we're agreed that would be a neat setup for piste/park/jumps?

Then the question remains, an SL or a Contact Pro for my 159cm RC board with the general intention of powder use? I'd have softer would be best, but actually you recommend stiffer (the SL) for powder/off-piste?

I'm buying a second set mainly because I don't want to change bindings regularly on my trips; and two pairs is good in case something happens to a pair whilst I'm away.. I considered a second pair of Forces, but seems a good opportunity to try something new!

Regarding technique, I'm a fairly short, powerful rider. I think my technique on stopping is pretty solid; and the principle of RC cambered boards having less grip on ice is fairly well established, no?

Ollieing isn't my strongest point currently (I'm more strength/power than agility), hence the shorter board and 'pop' of camber is appealing!
P-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote