Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
TLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
detuning the board would give it even less of a "bite" so don't do that. it might partially be due to the RC but different RC boards will have good grip. A lot of it depends on the side cut. Magnetraction on lib tech and gnu boards for example grip very well on ice and so do a bunch of other boards I know. Camber may help a bit but that's not the main thing that's wrong
oh, man... english aint my native so i understood as he catching edge and crashes down.

If he meant like he got less of a grip that he want to then... tune your board and sharpen your edges (cap oblivious =)). check that you don't have a toedrag and you board is wide enough.

Personally i don't think that camer-rocker or magnetraction makes a lot of sense for experienced riders. Check out snowboard racing: race board are cambered and no mangetraction or something similar =) and racers are first in line for an extra grip.
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote