Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
P-Ride

Thanks for your reply Rookie. It's good to hear someone else click with my rationale! I feel like a 153cm camber really will complete my collection and be a great contrast.

As I mentioned, board no.3 is a 161cm stiff camber I managed to find on eBay in mint cond. for 50! I haven't had the chance to use it much yet, but anticipate it being good for piste-charging..

I love the Force, so keeping it on my new smaller camber board which will see a lot of use at park night makes sense..

And reading around, stiff, light and responsive bindings seem to be favoured for powder.. Well that would be the SL to a 'T', I think!

Plus, if anything moving to stiffer, more responsive equipment would favour both me starting to progress more; and being a heavy, powerful rider.

That makes enough sense to me to pick both those items up next week anyway - and I'll have two bindings/three boards to rotate and learn from in the Alps in December!
P-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote