Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I own Union Force.. Should I go for Contact Pro, or SL next?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
TLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
a shorter camber board for quicker spins of jumps and better grip through ice. a longer reverse camber (rocker) board for float and stability in powder.
Not true =)
Shorter board - less grip.
Longer board for powder AND stability AND ice.
Shorter board for fun. (I got no short board, so i'm fking serious guy )

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Ride View Post
Hmm.. Someone'e just pointed out board width..

I wear a UK size 12 (US 13) boot. That works fine with my 159cm (I have a fairly standard 15 degree tilt and set my heels back)..

Do you guys think a 153cm would be doable?
It must be me.

Check out your board width.
With US13 ( i got that too) you better keey board's waist close to 27cm.
Also: check out your stance, you'll notice that with 15 angle you have more overhang, then with 6. So you either go 0-3-6 angle or 21+, because th e diagonal is always longer then side.

This can actualy be as isuue, and if you getting low on stopping or carves this can be your problem. I've solved it in a way, i wouldn't advise to you guys =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Ride View Post
Noone has said that? It's the regular camber that provides more grip and stability, because it 'bites' into the snow better than RC.
It gives you extra grip - not true.
It gives your more energy - yes.
You bend out the board with your 200 lbs to pretty the same arch, no matter rc or camber. And you grip with the edge on the snow in either rc or camber.
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote