Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Telluride vs Winter Park
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Deviant
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Not much concern for being inundated by spring breakers in T-ride. Just stay away from Summit/Eagle and you'll miss the majority of the spring break madness. Even at Loveland, I can hardly tell when it's spring break.
Thanks, actually just got an offical job offer with my companies office in Westminster, so after this winter trip, and a summer trip to check out the Denver area. Loveland might be a home resort if I decide to make the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
March is by far the best month for snow fall and not so cold temps as linville said. Plus at that time of year everything should be open at the resorts. Given a normal season and all. Spring Breakers would definitely be a presence at Winterpark. During the week though, traffic is much less.

April can be really good too. Crowds are much less and storms still roll in. When the storms aren't there it's generally sunny and things soften up to nice corn riding. The only draw back is that is the time of year that you get those windy overcast days that just leave frozen crud for a snow sliding surface. This is the only time I don't care to be out riding anywhere. It just sucks.
Thanks for all the detailed info. Right now I'm thinking Telluride. Was watching some top to bottom vids on youtube an the view is epic, especially looking towards the Revelation bowl Been trying to find a cheaper flight out there, that's what's driving me crazy is the $641.00 price tag. Found a good deal on a room at the base of the mountain though.

Ok one last question: Altitude. For someone that's never been above 4,000 that is (other than with flights and cabin pressure). I know many of you have lived out there long enough it's a non-issue. Other than drinking lots of water and staying in shape before I go, is there anything else a person can do to better prepare themselves for it? I'm planning on bringing a box of Clif Bars or something to snack on while on the mountain, and due to flight times I'll be at the hotel for that evening until getting on the mountain the next day. This trip is to celebrate 20 years of standing sideways, so just want to make it as enjoyable as possible.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote