Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 40 Year Old wanting to hit some kickers
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default 40 Year Old wanting to hit some kickers

Some general background: snowboarded from age 23-27. Didn't return to the slopes until age 39. What a waste of valuable time. Anyhow, I would consider myself a solid intermediate rider. Can bomb down most Western Canadian runs with no problems. GPS was over 65km/h last year on groomers. I mainly cruise Sunshine Village, the Lake, and Castle Mountain (personal favorite). Last year I ended the season with a very good day riding switch most of the time. Have few crashes thank god. That being said, I have never been one for airtime. At the end of last year I managed a few 180s on natural terrain but they were pretty lame and with little speed. I hear your never too old to learn stuff, but was wondering about hitting up the park this year. I am not really interested in the pipe but I am very interested in landing properly off kickers - mainly so I can become a better all mountain rider. Purchased a Sunshine Village Season Pass for this year and plan on hitting it up at least twice a week. Do you think its stupid to try the park this year at my age? Perhaps I should just keep to the natural terrain/natural kickers. Would I progress more if I was to concentrate my efforts in the park for a few days? What do you all think?
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote