Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Steamboat Springs, CO
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigius View Post
I am headed to Steamboat Springs, CO in mid December. I got hooked up with a condo at the resort from a buddy. I was wondering if anyone has been there and what their experience was like while they were there or if they have received any word of mouth from anyone about it.
I have been to steamboat twice in late December and both times were good for different reasons. The first time I went was with family and a decent snow year. It stays shielded from the wind because the max elevataion is just above tree level. We didn't have great snow but what we did was good. It is know as having "champaign powder" and although I did not get to experiance the powder it is known for it was still one of my best snow condition year trips I've taken to Colorado. My second trip was last year on a bad snow condition year and I stayed with locals (I work with a lady who's daughter and son lived in steamboat for a year). We stayed over New years and had a great time. Although the snow was shit and some of the iciest I have ever ridden (and I am from the east coast) the nightlife made up for it. Granted we did have half a dozen locals showing us the hot spots, all the major bars downtown were packed and a great time. Steamboat both times proved to be an extremely fun area and I wish sometime I can make it back it very good conditions!
Hope this helped!
Henry.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote