Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 40 Year Old wanting to hit some kickers
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

ARSENALFAN

I "started" snowboarding at 42 and really started park last season including jumps. So no your not to old.

ALL solid info above !!! I like looking at videos to learn, this is just me. I can pause, rewind, some have slow motion. It can be a great learning tool. Also video tape yourself, this is great for analyzing what you are doing right/wrong. I have posted video of myself and my kids here on the forum asking for tips and many of these guys will see stuff I don't and suggest how to correct or better myself. They are a great resource.

Start small and build from there. Your are a solid rider you will progress on the small stuff faster than you think.

The biggest jump for me is about 20 footer that really shoots you up and honestly I"m backing off that one. I can land it but I'm not at that point completely and as said I need to be safe and smart. Reward/consequences on that for me just aren't there.

May I also suggest pads/armor. Depending on what you are working on, rails, boxes, jumping, spins, maybe purchase knee pads, impact shorts, wrist gaurds etc. I have this stuff in my supply tote in my car. I put on or take off what I need or don't need for that day. For me, it saves a lot of pain and injury.